Sunday, January 15, 2012

Washing Fail

I did a load of washing yesterday, threw everything in because that's what I do. I should have learned from last time, when I put in a brand new white dress that now has a grey pattern through it. My dobok came out blotchy blue, like it's been washed with lots of ball-point pens! Should I have taken a photo of it? I was too embarrassed about it, but maybe recording fails from now on will be just as much of a contribution to this blog as much as celebrating successes.

*It got soaked in a bucket for half-day with Vanish NapiSan Oxi Action.

*It got moved to the bathtub to do a paste soak with said NapiSan. I lost patience at this time as it was getting late and I was falling asleep.

*It went in a full cycle 1 1/2hr wash including pre-wash, and I also chucked in the aforementioned dress. Just because.

*I read FaceBook on my phone, in the bed. Mr. M laughed at me when it slipped out of my hand and clonked onto my sternum. Poutface, it hurt dammit.

*The dobok came out sparkly, thank gods! The dress, however, still has grey bits of fabric. Oh well.

Solution? Buy moar white stuff! Hooray shopping! Sounds like it's time to let go of the paranoia of dirtying white clothing.

Was it the most environmentally-friendly thing to do? Probably not, considering the sheer amount of the powder I used. But my uniform looks presentable and I'll be happy enough with that for now. Formal wear is not the best thing to conduct vinegar experiments on, especially when you are falling asleep.

Love, light, be awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment