Sunday, January 15, 2012

A New Chapter in Pottering

Mr M. chucked the shits at his inherited pots this morning. It used to be his mum's, from his childhood, so who knows how old they actually are. It's been soaking half-a-week from the creamy cheesy pasta I made, scrubbed and re-soaked a few times. And he gave it a good shot at it too, along with the 2-days worth of dishes and whatnot.

So it was he declarethed, time to go shopping. I was assuming we'd get new stuff after we moved but heh, he's the one spending this time.

We wandered up the shopping center, poking and prodding, and I came away acquiring a "Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence" Blu-Ray and a Red Blood Cell keyring from www.giantmicrobes.com. It now amplifies my menstruation celebration by dangling off my moontime bag.


I'll get a companion White Blood Cell later.

The practical Mr M. on the other hand did find a package he liked eventually and got a box set of Vue saucepans. He also got me to choose a chopping board in the meantime.


The old one will become a yard board, and I'll also get a smaller-sized one once we moved. Using a huge board for something small, and then have to clean it, is such a pain in the butt.

Crossed fingers the black coating won't be an issue when cleaning the hardened, burned bits from the bottom of the pan. I will give it my best shot to not set any of these on fire, like I have done once with Mr M's one. It went boom. The room got smoky. Mr M. asked me 'what was that.' I went into the kitchen to find flame coming out of the pot. I ran outside with it, dropped it on the grass, and hosed it out. The round black dot in the lawn stayed there for about a month until the grass grew back. How embarrassing.

...Anybody know who else talks about their bleed and kitchenware with the same breath?

Love, light, be awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment