Saturday, March 17, 2012

Clutterbug Confessions #1 - Pantry

The "Clutterbug Confessions" segment is my attempt at tidyness. I somehow never really picked up on this tidy thing everybody insists I should be. Will I learn this skill called 'organisation' as I publically announce where I put things? Will I inevitably advertise to burglers where they can find things inside this house? Will I even make a 2nd segment, getting lost amongst the stuff that never found a home ever since I made myself at home out of these rooms?

One of the challenges I faced in the kitchen was how to use this rather awkwardly designed pantry. Reasonable access to the front but a deep stretch to the side. How was I going to store things in there without getting lost, while I was already losing fresh food in the depth of the new large fridge I should have gotten used to by now.



According to the preaching I recieved over the years, as well as recent Pinterest advices, place things in accordance with their use. More frequent stuff towards the front, and things less-used further away. The shelves were packed by Mr. M and I, rearranged and finally settled (for now) along the lines of:



Because of things adventuring in the shadows, we currently have a collection of 8 different types of noodles - several kinds of pasta as well as some Asian varieties.



What I am proud of is how I'm now using a plastic drawer which previously held (clean) socks:



At Office Works there is a section called Stationary Allsorts where you can fill up a container full of cute things. I had fun filling my container:



So while I do appreciate the strategy behind repurposing



I personally enjoy the aethestics of these so much more



Seriously, any advice on organisation is much appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment