Sunday, February 26, 2012

Fail Loaf - A Very Distracted Orange and Banana

It started with an ordinary sort of a query: what do I do with a pile of oranges and two bananas that are getting older by the day?

Amongst my web search, I found a blog called Hot From My Oven that features baking experiments as well as all sorts of tried and tested recipes of vegie cuisines. The photos looked really yummy, so began my search for the ingredients. Why on earth do I have so much flour?


I suspect it was part of groceries Mr M. got it for his non-valentine's surprise cooking for me.

Of course, a Facebook friend decided to reply as to why I had so much with this clip, totally distracting me from my mission for a good few minutes:



Getting everything else was fine, except I failed at zesting once again


We now have a juicer now though so being able to do this was very exciting:


I was not the only one distracted, however. It may have had something to do with me dressed like this...



Because I can, and because it was this year's V-day gift from Mr M. And it's photo evidence that I did in fact mix in some form of sweetner. Apparently it wasn't enough as the loaf turned out quite bland; in fact, extrodinarily boring. The photo of the end product looks ok though, and the slices are a little more tolerable with extra topping of honey. As I can taste the occasional spec of orange, it may have been better if I had zesting skills. Or fresher oranges. Or more bananas. Perhaps actually measuring out the amount of honey may have been a good idea too, considering I was posing for the photo at the time and not really paying much attention to the task at hand.



Original recipe: Low Fat Banana n Orange Loaf

Here endeth the lesson in giving smexy cooking a break for a while...

Love, light, be awesome


PS: Yes that is Luffy's flag from One Piece in the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment